Saturday, August 27, 2011

I love to make my own dressings.  I got tired of buying bottled dressing to only throw it away because I wasn't using it.  So I started making my own.  Most dressings and vinaigrettes make only a small portion, so I can use it up.  A friend brought a pasta salad with this dressing on it and it was amazing. Enjoy!

Parmesan Balsamic Vinaigrette

yield: Makes about 2/3 cup
Only ten minutes to make - start to finish!
 
1 garlic clove
1/2 teaspoon salt
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
3 tablespoons minced fresh basil
1/2 oz parmesan, finely grated (1/4 cup)
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
1/2 cup olive oil
Mince garlic and mash to a paste with 1/4 teaspoon salt, then whisk together with vinegar, lemon juice, basil, parmesan, remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt, and pepper.
Add oil in a slow stream, whisking until well blended.

No comments:

Post a Comment