Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Fabulous Beet Recipe

I was never a fan of beets growing up, but now I love them.  I heard of this recipe in a book I am currently reading and I just had to google it.   This sounded way too good to keep to myself.  I cannot WAIT to try this:

BEETS AND CARAMELIZED ONIONS WITH FETA
2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1/4 teaspoon black pepper
3/4 teaspoon salt
3 tablespoons olive oil
1 lb onions (2 medium), cut 4 by 4
1 teaspoon sugar
2 (15-oz) cans small whole beets, drained and quartered (or halved if very small)
3 oz crumbled feta (1/2 cup)
1/4 cup toasted pine nuts (1 oz), or more
How:
Whisk together vinegar, mustard, pepper, and 1/2 teaspoon salt in a large bowl, then add 2 tablespoons oil in a slow stream, whisking until combined well.
Cook onions with remaining 1/4 teaspoon salt and sugar in remaining 1 tablespoons oil and Pam in a 12-inch heavy skillet over moderate heat, stirring occasionally, until golden brown, 18 to 20 minutes. Add onions pinenuts and beets to dressing, stirring gently to combine. Serve sprinkled with cheese,
Makes 4 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment