Saturday, September 3, 2011

Sisters!

Aren't sisters wonderful?  I wonder if they remember what they were giggling at.  When we all get together, it's a beautiful symphony of voices and laughter.  We all live so far apart, it's difficult to gather, but when we do it's so much fun.  My youngest sister had the opportunity on the way to a family wedding to stop and visit our other sister and her family.  She got to meet the newest (for now) baby of the family and spend the day reminiscing and catching up.  This week on the playground, I sat down with a disgruntled girl who was upset with her sister.  She giggled when I told her stories about my bossy sisters and even told on myself about a time when I had been bossy.  I think I was an irritating child. I have a feeling my teachers thought so.  Luckily, I had older sisters to set me straight if I needed it.  I am grateful I have all of them to lean on if I need them.  We have a hilarious tradition in our family we call the Black Plate...  I will fill you in on that story in a later post.

1 comment:

  1. Bossy sisters??? Who, us? If we ever did boss you around it was because we loved you and wanted you to turn out just right. I think the amazing thing about sisters is years ago some of you were so much younger than us older sisters but now we all are good friends. Mom would be so happy.

    ReplyDelete