Artisan St. Lucia or Braided Focaccia Bread Wreath
|5½||cups all-purpose flour|
|2||packages Fleischmann’s® Rapid Rise Yeast|
|~||Toppings: Extra Virgin Olive Oil, bell peppers, cherry tomatoes, grated Parmesan, fresh basil|
- In large bowl, combine flour, sugar, undissolved yeast, and salt. Heat water and butter until very warm (125 to 130ºF). Gradually add to dry ingredients; and stir until you make a dough.
- Knead on floured surface until smooth. Divide dough into 3 pieces; roll each to 24-inch rope; braid ropes. Place braid on greased pizza sheet. Form into ring and pinch ends to seal.
- Top with oil to prevent cracking, decorate with cherry tomatoes and bell peppers or your favorite fresh veggies in the manner of a green wreath with berries.
- Place large, shallow pan on counter; half-fill with boiling water. Place baking sheet over pan. Let rise 15 minutes until puffy.
- Bake at 400ºF for 25 minutes or until done. When almost ready, sprinkle on Parmesan cheese and continue baking until lightly browned. Brush oil on ring. Garnish with fresh basil and tall Advent or St. Lucia taper candles.