Saturday, September 10, 2011




It's a beautiful morning here in Montana.  Blue sky... cool.  I woke up this morning remembering the tragedy of September 11, 2001.   It was a beautiful blue sky morning that morning too.  There seems to be a lot of remembering this weekend in the media.  I remember crying in the library with co-workers as we watched the towers fall and praying for all those people.  I remember the first ball game after that, when we sang God Bless America before the National Anthem.  There was not a dry eye in the gymnasium.  I remember the fear I felt for my daughter, who was in San Diego at the time in the Navy.  My heart is still filled with pride for the fireworkers and the EMTS and those who just put their lives in danger to do what they could to help.  Our communities were changed forever that day and a new American pride made us stronger.  So I will take a moment this morning to grieve again, and then with a deep breath move on...  and continue to be thankful for all those who continue to fight for our freedoms and keep us save. 

No comments:

Post a Comment