Friday, June 1, 2012

Just a blink

So last night I went to a sweet little retirement party for a friend's husband and today going to a retirement luncheon for a co-worker. How did I suddenly get to this point? I've watched family members thoroughly enjoying their new lives. I have giggled with a friend when she admitted to secretly joining the group at her Senior Citizen's Center and am now watching another friend wonder how she and her husband will adjust to his new life as a retired person. How did we get here so fast? Just a blink ago, it was a blur of concert tickets and the wind in my hair. Then there were fuzzy memories of diapers and permission slips and learners' permits. Yesterday in the middle of our impromptu party, we noticed a group of older ladies who meet daily for coffee. That will be us in another quick blink. sigh. I ran across this yummy sounding salad recipe and can't wait to try it. It will be awhile before my basil is ready to pick. So I wait, fork in hand.


Peach Mozzarella & Basil Salad


3 ripe peaches 1c fresh basil 8 oz fresh mozzarella 2t olive oil 1/4 t kosher salt 1/8 t pepper Cut the peaches (peel if you prefer) into wedges. Cut the wedges into pretty little bites. Tear the basil, or chiffonade into elegant strips. Drizzle with olive oil and season. Add cut mozzarella, toss and enjoy. Oh, I cannot wait to try this. maybe on the first Porch Party of the season, if my friend's husband forgets about the very long Honey-Do list he is happily making.

1 comment:

  1. Yes, in the blink of an eye I went from a very young bride, to a busy mother, to a career gal, to quiet retirement and back to playing at the park and changing diapers... it all happened in the blink of an eye. But I'm so thankful for the different chapters of my life.

    ReplyDelete