Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Celebrating summer, blogs and coffee

Oh summer, how I love thee. Baseball and long lazy summer days... ahhh. After a busy and stressful school year, I am so glad to make a glass of iced coffee and get on the computer and browse blogs. It's my favorite thing to do on a Sunday afternoon. This one delighted me for some reason. Please go check it out, especially if you have little ones in your life! www.birdandlittlebird.com Today the skies are gray and another welcome spring rain is approaching. This recipe I'm sharing is one of my favorites for a hot summer day.

Mocha Smoothie Base
1 c sugar or Splenda
1 c non-dairy creamer
1 c non-fat dry powdered milk
1/4 c instant coffee granules
1/3 c cocoa
1/4 t salt

Mix well. Store in a closed container or zip type plastic bag.

To serve: Blend 1/2 c base, 1 1/2 c ice 3/4 to 1 c low fat milk. blend until smooth and enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment