Friday, December 16, 2011

Christmas Truffles

It feels strange talking about Christmas Candies when the weather here is so absolutely beautiful out.  I'm still looking for a LITTLE bit of snow so it feels like Christmas, but I'm glad it's not so cold.  I love making truffles and just ran across this one.  I hope you enjoy it!

Chocolate Hazelnut Truffles

  • 3/4 cup confectioners' sugar
  • 2 tablespoons baking cocoa
  • 4 milk chocolate candy bars (1.55 ounces each)
  • 6 tablespoons butter
  • 1/4 cup heavy whipping cream
  • 24 whole hazelnuts
  • 1 cup ground hazelnuts, toasted
  • In a large bowl, sift together confectioners' sugar and cocoa; set
  • aside.
  • In a small saucepan, melt candy bars and butter. Add cream and
  • reserved cocoa mixture. Cook and stir over medium-low heat until
  • mixture is thickened and smooth. Pour into an 8-in. square dish.
  • Cover and refrigerate overnight.
  • Using a melon baller or spoon, shape candy into 1-in. balls; press a
  • hazelnut into each. Reshape balls and roll in ground hazelnuts.
  • Store in an airtight container in the refrigerator. Yield: 2 dozen.
Click here to find out more!

1 comment:

  1. It is funny that you posted a recipe for hazelnuts before I asked what to do with them. I would have to shell lots of them though. Maybe I'll just buy some candy at Costco.

    ReplyDelete